Why doesn’t success happen easily for most people?
When I run into service-based entrepreneurs and ask them more about what they do, I get to see how much they truly care about helping people. I get to hear how inspired and passionate they are about serving others and making a difference. And I get excited for them, because their services are valuable and needed!
So why is it that so many service-based entrepreneurs, who are so passionate about what they do, often struggle with success?
When I work with my clients I typically have a good idea of their main challenges during our 1st session. I look for ‘system challenges’ and I look for ‘mindset challenges’.
System challenges are pretty easy to spot.
Some of the system challenges I often run into are:
- Lack of clarity or focus
- Unsure what they want to do
- Don’t know what their message is
- Don’t know what steps to take next
- Their target market is too broad and needs to be more clearly defined
- Don’t know how to market
- Don’t know how to sell
- They don’t have a website or blog
- They don’t know how to create campaigns.
- They under value their services
- They typically charge by the service or by the hour vs creating packages
- They don’t have packages or products to sell
- Or, any number of other system challenges
System challenges can definitely cause challenges in your business, but they are pretty easy to correct.
Mindset challenges, however, are a bit more challenging and are typically the thing that keeps people from succeeding! Amazingly, the mindset challenges, or blocks, aren’t usually given much attention. You hear many coaches or experts say things like; just do it, get over it, you have to pay your dues if you really want to succeed, or buck up and face it. While occasionally that advice might prove helpful, if it’s a hidden block with some emotional charge to it, you will probably just experience more stress. Often you will end up procrastinating or doing things that just don’t work. The blocks then get reinforced. Brain science research actually shows us that these fears and struggles get worse over time. If you don’t take action to change these blocks and beliefs, your results cannot change!
Mindset challenges often show up as:
- Uncomfortable feelings you experience when taking actions around success
- Excuses – pretty much any excuse
- Feelings of unworthiness
- Fear of failing
- Fear of succeeding
- Feel like a fraud
- Afraid to be big
- Afraid to be seen or heard
- Or, basically any limiting belief or fear that inhibit your success
In order to achieve success, it is very important to identify your conscious and unconscious blocks, so that you can change your beliefs. If you don’t take action to change your beliefs, your results cannot not improve. You will most likely continue to struggle with your business or ultimately fail with it.
I want you to succeed!
There are a lot of techniques out there to help you identify and change your beliefs. I use a variety of proven techniques with my clients. My goal is to help them identify and change their beliefs as quickly and easily as possible.
If you want to STEP UP to the NEXT LEVEL, I would encourage you to take the time to focus on the following questions…
- What ‘system challenges’ do you have?
- How can you improve your systems?
- What ‘mindset challenges’ do you have?
- What are you willing to do to identify your mindset challenges and change your beliefs?
Write them down. Create an action plan with a timetable. Find someone to hold you accountable.
I look forward to hearing about how you were able to STEP UP to the NEXT LEVEL and create a very successful business that helps you make a difference, serve more people and make more money.
If I can be of any service to you on your journey, please contact me.